VOGUE MAGAZINE, Conde Nast - 1939 [8 issues ]
Conde Nast Publications
8 issues September to December 1939. New York: The Conde Nast Publications Inc., 1939
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards in brown cloth show some wear, dirt, stains, edgewear. Corners are frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text dimmed and is darkened, with chipped and frayed ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Watercolor end papers/ pastedowns show age and are toned.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Sept. 1 - NO COVER
- Sept. 15 - NO COVER
- October 1 - Fashions - Trousseaux - Portfolio for Limited Incomes
- October 15 - Jewels - Accessories - Furs
- November 1 - Vanity Issue
- November 15 - Debutantes New York Season
- December 1 - Christmas Gifts - North and South Fashions
- December 15 - Christmas Gifts - Holiday Travel - Resort Fashions
9.5 x 12.5 inches.
Eight issues of Vogue magazine, incorporating Vanity Fair, covering the period September to December 1939. Includes reports from correspondents in London and France on life in war time. Fashion, society, and myriad advertisements for tobacco, travel, cosmetics, perfume, schools, dog breeders, and more. Cover art by various artists.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore