VITO ACCONCI, by Linda Shearer - 1988$50.00
Vito Acconci: Public Places
by Linda Shearer
published in conjunction with the exhibition
Published at the occasion of the exhibition of February 11 - May 3, 1988, this beautifully illustrated volume celebrates the entertaining and sometimes shocking art of an American artist who has created strikingly original sculptures and architectural designs. Moved by a desire to bring people together on public places, he was not concerned with the immortality of his art, saying that his artworks should be made of materials that have a human life expectancy scale. Complete with a relevant and revealing text on the personality and aim of the artist, filled with photographs of artworks and the drawings which prepared them, this is a well-conceived study of an outstanding architect and sculptor. 31 pages. 11.75 x 8.25 inches.
Illustrated with black & white and two full-color photographs of the designer's artworks. With text and captions.
Presumed first edition, published by: The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1988.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 087070625X
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with mild exterior wear and minimal wear inside.
- Green felted cardstock wraps are mildly scuffed and faded, and feature blind-tooled title near lower edge of front with a peep-hole cut-out showing part of color illustration of title page. (See photos)
- Covers exhibit some edgewear from rubbing and some bumps mostly along lower edge of front.
- Binding is secure.
- Upper right corner of front displays a bump.
- Spine shows minor fading and rubbing of ends.
- Bump visible on lower edge of front wrap continues on same edge of title page and first pages. (See photos)
- Interior is well-preserved with minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display irregularities from damage to lower edge of wraps, title page and first pages.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore