VIRGIN MARTYRS: LEGENDS OF SAINTHOOD IN LATE MEDIEVAL ENGLAND, Karen A. Winstead - 1997 [1st Ed]$60.00
Virgin Martyrs: Legends of Sainthood in Late Medieval England
by Karen A. Winstead
First Edition. Cornell University Press. Ithaca, NY. 1997.
Includes 32 illustrations, an index and bibliographical references arranged in two parts consisting of primary and secondary sources. 201 pages. 6.25" by 9.5".
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 9780801433337
- Green cloth covers with stamped paper lining remain free of major signs of age or wear.
- Boards exhibit minimal faint stains and minor indentations to the front top and rear bottom edges.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver lettering and design detail.
- Binding is firm.
- Ffep bears a signature in ink.
- Rear pastedown bears partially erased writing in pencil.
- Illustrations remain free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Interior remains free of any major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are gently darkened with minor foxing.
- DJ is gently scuffed and stained with bumping and creases along the edges and corners.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Drawn from research of early 13th century texts, author Katherine A. Winstead examines the lives of canonized female virgin martyrs of the Middle Ages and the subsequent conflict within the Church.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore