VERSOS SENCILLOS DE JOSE MARTI - 1939
by Jose Marti
en la coleccion "el ciervo herido," la Habana, 1939.
Paperback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays overall light toning to covers and interior as well as minimal staining inside.
- Wraps are well-preserved, protected under onion skin DJ, and show mild toning, more where DJ is missing.
- Front cover features text in red and black.
- Edges curl somewhat to the inside.
- Spine is moderately sunned, and shows rubbing as well as some chipping to ends.
- Binding is intact, yet front hinge is split from text block, with onion skin still connected to text block. (See photos)
- Interior displays mild toning as well as scarce small stains, with foxing on feps.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are deckled, and display expected toning.
- DJ displays edge toning and wear with some chips, that leave spine almost entirely exposed. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
8 pages. 3.75 x 5.5 inches.
A collection of the beautiful, deeply expressive poetry of the Cuban writer. A figure of great importance in Latin American literature, Marti was also a Cuban National Hero, an essayist, journalist, translator, professor and publisher. This is a collection of his deepest, most melancholy verses.
Text in Spanish. Includes an introduction by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.