VERSOS LIBRES DE JOSE MARTI - 1939
by Jose Marti
en la coleccion "el ciervo herido," la Habana, 1939.
Paperback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume is overall in very good condition displaying minor toning and wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature text in green and black on front, and are well-preserved under onion skin DJ.
- Wraps somewhat curl in, with some tears and creasing, bumped to edge of textblock.
- Spine is moderately sunned and minimally rubbed at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays minor age-toning, as well as minimal foxing, mostly on page edges, and light occasional creasing.
- Books is unused, with uncut pages, free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages have not been cut along top edge, including title page and last page of text. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display mild expected toning, as well as some stains along head.
- DJ shows some edgewear, with tears and some chips, and is sunned along spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
83 pages. 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
As well as being a talented and deep poet, Jose Marti was also a figure of tremendous importance in Latin American Literature as well as a Cuban National Hero whose many talents and activities spread to publication, translation, and the writing of essays. He was also a much respected professor. This collection of some of his most passionate verses displays all his talent in poetry as much as in expressing in his words, the feelings that fill the hearts of all human beings.
Text and poems in Spanish. Includes introductory texts by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.