VERA VORONTZOFF, by Sonya Kovalevsky; Anna von Rydingsvard (tr) - 1895$85.00
by Sonia Kovalevsky (Sofia Kovalevskaya) & Translated by Anna von Rydingsvard
Published posthumously, this is the final novel of Russian mathematician Sofia Vasilyevna Kovalevskaya (Russian: Со́фья Васи́льевна Ковале́вская), born Sofia Vasilyevna Korvin-Krukovskaya (1850–1891). It has been described as a semi-autobiographical story of a young Russian noble woman who longs to dedicate herself to a cause but falls into Nihilism after the emancipation of the Russian serfs. 197 pages.
Lamson Wolffe and Co, Boston and New York. 1895.
Overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- English translation.
- Cover board has great color stamped design.
- White gilt lettering on spine.
- Top edge is gilt with other two edges deckled.
- Illustrated throughout in b/w.
- Cover board cloth dye is rubbed at the corners and edges lightly and is clean.
- Back board is rubbed at the edges and corners with some light staining at the bottom edge and has a small pencil mark near its center.
- Spine is rubbed at the edges with some light bumping at the head.
- Inside pages are clean and clear.
- Binding is tight.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
Books over $250 will ship insured, which will incur additional shipping charges.