VENINI MURANO 1921, by Franco Maria Ricci - 1989 [Ltd Ed]
Venini Murano 1921
published by Franco Maria Ricci
A magnificent overview of the splendid artifacts of some of the most beautiful Italian collections of the world, this volume puts together the works on Murano glass of the most skilled and distinguished artists in Italy. The photographs, of stunning beauty and precision, are explained and described in the erudite, detailed text which puts each artwork into its historical context, adding to the already tremendous worth of these pictures, by making them a symbol of the time they belong to, and a signature of their makers. The end of the volume is exclusively dedicated to full-color photographs taking up the whole of the pages, and having their captions in appendix. A gem in the discovery of the unrivaled beauty of Italian art. 225 pages. 12.5 x 12.75 inches.
Limited Edition. No. 3542 of 4000 Copies. Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs of artifacts. Includes a chronology in appendix. Text is in Italian with English translation.
Published by: Franco Maria Ricci, Milan, Italy, 1989.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 8821601277
- Volume is in near fine condition displaying little to no wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature photograph with text in gilt on front, and display some scuffs.
- Spine features text in gilt.
- Binding is secure.
- Text illustration plates are tipped-in, while full-page illustrations take up second half of book. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Clamshell box features design and text on front, as well as a label with text to "spine" edge, and is in near fine condition showing minimal shelfwear. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.