URFORMEN DER KUNST, by Karl Blossfeldt - c.1928
Urformen der Kunst
by Karl Blossfeldt
A splendid collection of botanical photographs. Karl Blossfeldt's magnificent collection of plant pictures shows us nature in all its beauty but also in all its fragility. It contains numerous close-ups which fully show all the stunning precision, accuracy, and complexity of plant structures from green plants to flowers, and the most intricate designs in which Nature fashioned her creations. An amazing insight into the plant kingdom and the beautiful world of nature. Approx. 260 pages. (120 plates) 10 x 12.5 inches.
120 black & white photographic plates. Text in German. Contains an introduction by Karl Nierendorf, as well as Latin names and detailed description of plants photographed.
Published by: Ernst Wasmuth, Berlin, c.1929.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with mild fading and toning on covers and inside.
- Green cloth covers feature text and decoration in gilt on front and are a little dusty.
- Boards display mild edgewear from fading and rubbing, and are exposed midway on fore edge of back.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards.
- Spine shows pronounced wear, with faded gilt text and square black near foot. (See photos)
- Spine shoulders are split and frayed towards center on front, and head on back, and have frayed ends.
- Binding has play with great fragility at hinges.
- Illustration plates are well-preserved.
- Pastedowns show notable foxing and toning.
- Interior exhibits mild age-toning that is more pronounced on margins, with occasional foxing and smudges.
- Scarce edgewear includes closed tear and bump along edge.
- Inside pages have rare mark or writing.
- Pages facing plates 28 and 99 display pencil marks and drawing.
- Text block edges show expected toning, and darkening along head, with visible persistent bump to lower edge of plates 110 to 113. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore