UNSAFE AT ANY SPEED, Ralph Nader - 1965 [1st Ed] Report U.S. Auto Industry VG+$110.00
Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile
by Ralph Nader
First Edition. Published by: Grossman Publishers. New York, NY. 1965.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Red cloth binding featuring stamped publisher's logo to the cover and silver lettering with publisher's logos to the spine.
- Covers exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Boards are mildly stained and gently rubbed. Please see photos.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine is gently rubbed with faint stains and gently bumped ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Hinges are secure and fully intact.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have dyed solid top edge while the remaining edges are gently darkened.
- DJ is gently darkened and exhibits mild stains to areas, small punctures, open tears and moderate wear along the edges including the corners, inner flaps and spine ends. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Ralph Nader's landmark investigative report on the safety practices and regulations of the American automotive industry during the first half of the 20th century.
Volume features an index for reference and a two part appendix that includes a visual inspection form consisting of a list of safety requirements with rating scale and an official legal statement issued by Gordon T. Nevsig, Clerk of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles, January 28, 1965.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore