UNDER THE BIG TOP WITH SCHOENHUT's HUMPTY DUMPTY CIRCUS, Evelyn Ackerman - 1996 [1st Ed]$90.00
Under The Bigtop with Shoenhut's Humpty Dumpty Circus
by Evelyn Ackerman
Elaborately written and beautifully illustrated, Ackerman's volume accurately describes every animal, performance and accessory in the Schoenhut circus. Inspired by original toy circus catalogs and correspondence with Schoenhut's grandsons, the author compiles all the various kinds of wooden toys among which marionets, made by the factory, as well as original, vintage advertisement illustrations. Each toy is described with a photograph and a history of its birth and making, as well as the different styles in which it is created. A fascinating reference book on toys and toymaking. 169 pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
STATED FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with color photographs, as well as color and black & white drawings. Includes historical documents.
Published by: Gold Horse Publishing, Annapolis, MD, 1996.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0912823631
- Volume is in near fine condition.
- Covers feature color illustration on front with red text, and display minimal edgewear from bumping and dust.
- Spine features text in yellow on red background.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show some dust along head.
- DJ is well-preserved and shows some minor wear from bumping on top edges, which is very slight on lower edges. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore