UNDER A GLASS BELL, by Anais Nin; Ian Hugo (illus) - 1944$65.00
Under a Glass Bell
by Anais Nin
illustrated by Ian Hugo
Limited Second Edition, 1/800. Published by: Gemor Press. New York, NY. 1944.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Boards featuring illustrated paper overlay with added clear plastic cover are free of major signs of age and wear.
- Corners are gently rubbed with small portions of the finish missing.
- Spine is firm with rubbing to small portions of the ends, surface and shoulders.
- Binding is firm.
- Flyleaf bears embossed ex libris stamp.
- Ffep bears partially erased signature in pencil. Please see photos.
- Illustrated title page is intact and unworn.
- Interior is age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Spine and textblock are lightly cocked.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Features cover design and nine engravings by Ian Hugo, printed in relief, from the original copper plates. Includes a foreword by Anais Nin. 86 pages. 4.75" by 8.5".
Under a Glass Bell was the first book by Anaïs Nin to gain attention from the literary establishment. It was initially published by Nin's own printing press, which she named Gemor Press. This handsome
2nd edition, published in a very limited run with Hugo's engravings, is the original collection of short stories, and includes topics ranging from diary keeping ("The Labyrinth"), to life in Paris ("Houseboat"), to a late-term abortion ("The Birth").
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.