UMBO: OTTO UMBEHR, 1902-1980, by Herbert Molderings - 1996
Umbo: Otto Umbehr, 1902-1980
by Herbert Molderings
Text in German. Dusseldorf, Germany: Richter Verlag, 1995.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 3928762435
- Volume features great DJ as well as black cloth covers with silver on front and spine, and blind-tooling on front.
- Book displays minimal overall wear and aging.
- Covers show minor bumping to corners, with minimal rubbing to foot corner of back, as well as minimal edge fading and dust.
- Spine shows minimal fading and dust to ends.
- Binding is secure and displays slight occasional gaps. (See photos)
- Illustration plates show minor edge toning, and are vibrant and well preserved.
- Interior displays minimal age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages have a slight persistent bump to head corner, that goes on throughout book. (See photos)
- Textblock edges exhibit light smudges and dust, as well as minimal soiling to foot corner.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays gentle overall toning, as well as overall scuffing and rubbing to back.
- DJ exhibits some edgewear, with rubbing and creasing to spine ends and foot edge of back, as well as corners, which also show gentle bumping. Foot edge of back has a 0.25" vertical tear into crease. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
384 pages. 9 x 11.5 inches.
Book features B&W illustrated DJ, and black cloth covers with silver on front and spine, and blind-tooling on front cover.
Volume is lavishly illustrated with the B&W photographs of the artist. Includes an end section of plates, as well as an illustrated section of text, essays on various aspects of the work of the artist.
This is an extensive volume on the life and works of the photographer. It includes valuable information on his professional path as well as detailed descriptions of the works included. It allows a vast overview of his output while placing his style back into its historical context, which was, for an important part of his career, that of Nazi Germany. We see his various works in the light of a thorough, deeply-searched analysis of his style and personality as an artist, and the successive periods and places where he developed his art and fashioned his path as a photographer.
Otto Umbehr (1902-1980) was a German photographer. His work as a photojournalist began at the advent of the Nazi Regime Germany, and his work is defined by the experience. He is best known for his photographs of the ruins of post-war Hanover.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore