ULYSSES, by James Joyce - 1925
by James Joyce
A part of the modernist movement in writing, James Joyce has created with Ulysses a work which has been said to be a demonstration and summation of the whole movement. As they discover one of the most important works of modernist literature, readers will acknowledge its stunning mastery and remarkable wit as the author imitates the poem of the Greek writer, taking back its characters under changed names and establishing constant parallels between the poem and his own novel. 736 pages. 6.75 x 8.25 inches.
6th printing. Covers missing. List of corrections at end of volume.
Published by: Shakespeare and Company, Paris, 1925.
Pages are overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall good condition with missing covers and general edgewear.
- Edges of front and back are creased and chipped at corners and along front edges, with overall toning.
- Remnants of spine piece feature blue text, and strong toning.
- Corners show severe creasing and chipping, from pages not being protected by covers.
- Front and back pages are coming loose from spine at shoulder.
- Binding is fragile with some play, and some gaps between signatures. (See photos)
- Interior is gently toned with few signs of wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Half-title page has gift inscription in ink. (See photos)
- Text block edges are moderately toned and foxed, with some darkening along head and staining along foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore