TYPOGRAPHIE, by Walter Marti - 1957
by Walter Marti
An original and well-illustrated account of the science and art of typography in all the domains of its use. With captions offering thorough explanations for each example given this unconventional book will proffer an easy and interesting insight into the intricate and intriguing world of the science of letters and graphic presentation. 134 pages. 9 x 11.75 inches.
Written in German. Illustrated with color diagrams and examples.
Published by: Schill & Cie, Luzern, Switzerland. 1957.
Spiral bound is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Color illustrated covers show some wear from overall toning, foxing and some dirt marks.
- Boards display moderate wear from dust, creases and closed tears to edges and corners and near spirals at ends. (See photos)
- Corners are slightly bumped and moderately rubbed with pronounced rubbing along edges.
- Rear edge of textblock behind metal spirals shows some toning with minimal foxing and some dust.
- Metal spiral bound with reinforced boards.
- Bookseller sticker on interior of rear cover.
- Interior is gently age-toned mostly near edges with very scarce and light damp staining on some pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Page 123-4 is detached and shows severe edgewear with creases and closed tears along borders and torn paper or possibly sticker residues going into text on lower part of 123.
- Text block edges are moderately toned with some moderate foxing and scuffing mostly on fore edge.
- Detached page shows more pronounced edgewear that shows on textblock edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore