TREES & OTHER POEMS, by Joyce Kilmer - 1914$50.00
Trees & Other Poems
by Joyce Kilmer
Contains 18 poems including his most famous: "Trees." Another poem that serves as a dedication to his mother. This book was published in 1914 just as the first World War was starting, four years before the war took his life in 1918. Joyce Kilmer, born as Alfred Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918) was an American poet, journalist, literary critic, lecturer, and editor. (wikipedia) 75 pages. 6 X 8.5 inches.
An early printing, published by Doubleday and Company, Garden City, NY. 1914
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a GOOD+ DJ.
- Navy boards are in excellent condition, with bright gilt on spine, sharp corners and firm spine ends.
- Very minimal shelfwear is evident at perimeters upon close examination.
- Binding is tight and feels unread.
- Pages have been cut, but appear otherwise untouched and unmarked.
- Illustrated DJ features the outline of a tree with a bold title block.
- DJ exhibits a bit of perimeter wear, with scuffing to corners, a half inch tear to head of front shoulder that ends in a smallish chip.
- Head of spine is chipped off, and tail of spine is bumped and rubbed.
- Two closed tears to top back, and one to foot of back cover of DJ.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.