TREATISE ON PHANTOM BOUQUET MAKING - 1867$90.00
Treatise on Phantom Bouquet Making, or Skeleton Leaves
from recipes collected by an amateur
Published by: J. Craft, Nassau, New York, 1867.
Pamphlet is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Pamphlet displays expected overall toning as well as some edgewear.
- Covers are toned and show small colored stains, as well as a colored fingerprint on back.
- Wraps show edgewear with some creasing and chips.
- Spine shows minor rubbing.
- Thread binding is secure.
- Return of front wrap shows professional repair. (See photos)
- Interior displays moderate overall toning, lighter than on covers, and is well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Booklet is well kept in plastic pocket.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
12 pages. 3.5 x 4.75 inches.
Possibly an abridged reprint of the book by a noted Philadelphian pharmacist
Edward Parrish published four years earlier. Other old books on the subject can be found dating from the Victorian era; however, the art of skeletonizing leaves can be traced back to the Ming Dynasty in China, where it was understood and practised.
A reference guide to making beautiful phantom bouquets, most commonly known as skeleton leaves, with the leaves of all sorts of plants. A detailed step-by-step guide is included together with a guide to colors for wax works, as well as materials and tools.
Pamphlet is in transparent plastic folder. Detailed guide with a guide to colors, materials and tools for wax works.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore