TREATISE ON MELODY, by Antonio Reicha - 1893
TREATISE ON MELODY, by Antonio Reicha 1893 Music Modulations Rhythm Scarce
Treatise on Melody
by Antonio Reicha
Subtitled: Considered apart from its relations to Harmony, followed by observations upon the art of accompanying the Melody with Harmony when the first ought to predominate. Translated by Edwin S. Metcalf whose b/w illustration serves as the frontis. Includes illustrations of music.
138 pages followed by 26 pages of music. 5.5" by 8"
Publishing Info: E. S. Metcalf, Chicago 1893
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Very scarce
- Features bright gilt on front
- Binding is secure
- Corners are scuffed and bumped
- Scuffing and small chips off head and tail of spine
- Signature on front pastedown
- Math computations on back endpaper
- Signed by Metcalf on frontis
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com