TRAITE' DE LA FABRICATION DES LIQUEURS, by P. Duplais - 1866 [2 vols., w/Plates]
Traite' de la Fabrication des Liqueurs, et de la Distillation des Alcools
by P. Duplais
Third edition, in French, 2 volumes. Paris: Gauthier-Villars, 1866
Hardback set is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Three-quarter leatherbound covers with marbled paper have blind tooling, colored spine labels and gilt text and ornamentation.
- Boards show some wear, aging, scuffing,edgewear. Corners are bumped, worn and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has raised bands, gilt text and is bright with chipped, scuffed ends.
- Binding is secure. Volume 1 separation is visible inside front cover. Please see photo for details of condition.
- Pastedowns and feps have some moderate foxing, staining, bookseller sticker, 1/2 inch closed tear. See photos for condition.
- Foldout plates are present. Plates are gently age-toned, fragile at folds, show signs of fraying or repair at outer edges. See photos for condition.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
1088 pages. 5 x 8.5 inches
As the title promises, these two volumes comprise a Treatise on the Fabrication of Liqueurs and the Distillation of Alcohols. It contains "the newest procedures for the fabrication of French and foreign liquors, fruits in eau de vie and in sugar, syrups, conserves, perfumed waters and spirits, vermouths, and fortified wines." Also included is a discussion of how to produce carbonated waters and beverages, as well as a complete description of the necessary operations for distilling alcohols.
Third edition. Revised, with additional material, by the younger brother of the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore