TONY SARG: PUPPETEER IN AMERICA 1915-1942, by Tamara Robin Hunt - 1988
Tony Sarg: Puppeteer In America 1915-1942
by Tamara Robin Hunt
A biography of America's Puppet Master, German puppeteer Tony Sarg who has been called the godfather of modern puppetry in North America. This volume covers the state of puppetry in America prior to Sarg's influence, his early years and career, his methods and productions and influence on American puppet theater. Includes an appendix with a list of Sarg's productions, reproductions of flyers and educational and promotional materials, a schedule of performances and bibliography. 158 pages. Includes a portrait of Tony Sarg with a facsimiled signature along with several photographic reproductions and illustrations. 9" by 11"
Published by Charlemagne Press. North Vancouver, Canada. 1988.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 0921845103
- Plastic spiral bound card stock covers featuring bold type and minimal design detail to the front, exhibit minor soiling and wear.
- Corners are bumped.
- Front cover exhibits creases along the openings.
- Binding is highly secure.
- Creases can be seen to the lower right corners beginning on page 110.
- Foxing to the outer edges of pages 26-27.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore