TOM GRAHAM V.C.: A TALE OF THE AFGHAN WAR, by William Johnston - 1900
Tom Graham V.C.: A Tale of the Afghan War
by William Johnston
London, Edinburgh, New York: Thomas Nelson and Sons, 1900.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Illustrated cover features the title in gilt lettering as well as a medal of valour in gilt and red. The back cover features a stamped seal in the center.
- Green boards are in overall very good condition.
- Boards show some slight shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are slightly bumped with a small amount of fraying. (See Photos).
- Binding is tight and secure and has little play.
- Spine has an illustration of a soldier in gilt, red, black, white and a green background.
- Endpapers and feps have some light dirt presence.
- Frontispiece is present and clear with a lightly foxed tissue guard intact.
- Illustrations are clear and present.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have fingerprint smudges on page 192. (See Photos).
- Text block edges are foxed on all sides. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
360 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches.
From the author of "Through Sheathing Fire," A Cruise on the Great Ouse," "The Strange Case of John Lorimer. This book is about the soldier Tom Graham and his adventures fighting in the Afghan war.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore