TOKYO, by Takashi Homma - 2008 [1st Ed]$110.00
by Takashi Homma
A splendid tribute to the Japanese artist, this volume gathers some of the most beautiful or revealing aerial views of Japan's capital city, together with the intimate side of life even in a giant city. Blending in with the photographs of the skyscrapers and main highways are touching close-ups of children, animals, handsome interiors, and significant depictions of the characteristics which make Tokyo unique. From the most representative pictures of typical Japanese buildings and landscapes to images showing the presence of American culture in Japan, this remarkable volume puts together works from various exhibitions, all captioned, and is complete with a list following the plate pages, gathering the names of all the exhibitions from which were taken the various photographs. A magnificent overview of one of the world's most astounding cities. 240 pages. 7.25 x 10 inches.
STATED FIRST EDITION. Illustrated with full-color photographs. Includes a list of illustrations at end of volume. All photographs are captioned in English.
Published by: Aperture Foundation, New York, 2008.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 9781597110594
- Volume is in overall very good condition with minor wear to covers and interior.
- Color illustrated wraps feature photograph from the artist on front, and show minor edgewear.
- Back cover exhibits some scattered scuffs, and stains mostly along shoulder. (See photos)
- Covers have return flaps, and display some mild bumping to corners.
- Spine features text and illustration at head.
- Spine shows a vertical crease along middle at upper half, with some rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure and tight.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- First pages up to page 40 show a persistent bump to upper corner. (See photos)
- Text block edges are slightly dusty with a deckled fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore