TO SAY THE VERY LEAST, by Matthew Brannon; Philip Monk - 2008
To Say the Very Least
by Matthew Brannon & Philip Monk.
To Say the Very Least is the first comprehensive publication on the print works and installations by Matthew Brannon. Everything takes place o the surface, or just under it in Brannon's work, just as everything there is public or takes place in public. The prints exploit their generic relation to advertising and posters, but the benign appearance of the illustrations, reminiscent of 1950's cookbooks and cocktail manuals, is undercut by the fine imprint of letterpress texts, which teeter towards inappropriate confessions and unpardonable acts. Each set of prints stages Brannon's principal question, Why are people their own worst enemies? Includes an essay by writer and curator Philip Monk. 175 pages. 8.5" by 12".
Published by Art Gallery of York University. Canada. 2008.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 9780921972501
- Illustrated yellow wraps exhibit scuffing and soiling to areas and edgewear to both the front and rear.
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine exhibits light creases to the ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Textblock edges exhibit minor soiling.
- The interior exhibits minor wear to the upper left portion of the pages otherwise remains free of signs of age or wear. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore