TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT, by Ernest Hemingway - 1937
To Have and Have Not
by Ernest Hemingway
Published by: Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, 1937.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays mild overall aging to covers and a well preserved interior.
- Black cloth covers feature name of author in gilt on front, and are a little dusty.
- Corners are minimally rubbed.
- Spine features green titleblock with gilt that show some fading, and has softened and faded ends.
- Binding is overall secure with minimal play at hinges.
- Ex-libris book features sticker on front pastedown. (See photos)
- Interior displays mild age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show gentle commensurate toning. Fore edge is deckled.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ exhibits overall toning and rubbing.
- DJ displays some edgewear with overall creasing, and a large chip going into decoration at head of spine, and wrapping around to back shoulder, in a 1.5" x 1.25" chip. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A novel by one of the greatest 20th century American novelists. To Have and Have Not is a tale of egoism and greed, and final realization of failure. As adventurous as it is deeply philosophical, with its scenes of the Florida Keys, the blue waters of the Gulf Stream, Havana,its waterfront and mainland, it is a work typical of its author. It is at once a splendid depiction of the region of Key West, so familiar to the author, and a touching philosophical reflection.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore