THOMAS RUFF: 1979 TO THE PRESENT, by Matthias Winzen - 2003
Thomas Ruff: 1979 to the Present
edited by Matthias Winzen
with essays by Per Boym, Ute Eskildsen, Valeria Liebermann, Matthias Winzen
A veritable celebration of the work of this remarkable German photographer. Filled with full-color reproductions of the photographs, complete with essays delivering a thorough, deep and subtle analysis of Ruff's work and the full importance of its meaning, as well as what renders it unique, this volume is a treasure trove of information on every aspect of the photographer's artistic search and endeavor. Deeply concerned with contemporary life, Ruff's work covers all the subjects which are of importance in our society, from homes in the provinces and suburbs, to the latest technological and architectural inventions in our age. He is at once precise and vast, delving into all that is yet untold in the meaning of images. He is one of the few contemporary photographers to enjoy worldwide acclaim. This volume is a remarkable study and celebration of this great artist. 268 pages. 10 x 13.25 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with black & white and full-color reproductions of the photographs. Includes a catalogue raisonne. Includes essays by various authors, an illustrated biography, a list of exhibitions and a bibliography.
Published by: Distributed Art Publishers, New York, 2002.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 0891024728
- Volume displays minor to minimal wear to covers, and little to no wear to interior.
- White covers exhibit mild overall edgewear with bumping that includes corners, and some faint smudges. (See photos)
- Spine features black and red text, and shows some barely perceptible darkening at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is in well-preserved condition, displaying minimal edgewear with bumping to corners.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore