THEY SEEK A CITY, by A Bontemps & J Conroy - 1945 [Signed, 1st Ed]$185.00
A very scarce SIGNED FIRST EDITION, securely bound in dark green cloth that shows minimal white spots to areas. The interior is very clean. Spine features inked lettering and design detail and is lightly scuffed with crushed, frayed ends. Textblock exhibits light play. Used. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
They Seek a City
by Arna Bontemps & Jack Conroy
Scarce signed FIRST EDITION, signed by Bontemps on ffep. The authors pooled their research into Southern African Americans who came to Northern cities such as Detroit, Pittsburgh and Toledo to become industrial workers. The result is this fascinating and insightful book with intriguing chapters such as John Brown's Friend, The Invisible Migration and Detroit: Arsenal of Democracy. Includes a selected list of references and sources. 266 pages with index. 5.75" by 8.25".
Signed First Edition published by Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc. Garden City, NY. 1945.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cloth covers show minimal white spotting to the front with more to the rear and edges.
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has clean lettering and design detail and shows light scuffing with crushed, frayed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers are gently age-toned with the the ffep bearing the author's signature and additional writing in pencil. Please see photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned though remains very clean.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Deckled edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore