THEMES AND VARIATIONS: THE ZISHA POTTERY OF CHEN MINGYUAN - 1997$75.00
Themes and Variations: The Zisha Pottery of Chen Mingyuan
jointly presented by the Shanghai Museum & the Art Museum, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
essays by Wang Qingzheng, Lu Minghua, Terese Tse Bartholomew and Lai Suk Yee
SIGNED by contributor on endpaper. China: the Shanghai Museum and the Art Museum, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1997.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9627101389
- Volume displays minimal overall wear and aging.
- Boards feature full-color photographs illustrations on front and show minimal edgewear with slight bumping to upper corners of front and back.
- Spine features brown text in English and Chinese, and is lightly sunned.
- Binding is secure.
- Front endpaper has signature of contributor. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
218 pages. 8.5 x 11.25 inches.
Zisha pottery, thus called after the clay used to carve it, was a much admired art in China among literary figures in the Northern Song dynasty, as Mei Yaochen (1002-1060), and Chen Mingyuan was a great master of Zisha pottery. This exhibition, presented by the Shangai Museum and the Art Museum, and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, is a beautiful display of the most beautiful artifacts of Zisha Pottery. Some historical and other details complete the lavish photographs to create a thoroughly documented, enjoyable piece of art literature.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs. Includes two forewords, three essays, a list of exhibits, two appendices, and a full Chinese-English translation.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore