THE WORKS OF GEORGE INNESS, by LeRoy Ireland - 1965 [Catalogue]
The Works of George Inness: An Illustrated Catalogue Raisonne'
by LeRoy Ireland
First edition. Austin, TX and London: University of Texas Press, 1965
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Boards covered in green cloth are mostly clean, show some edgewear. Corners show some warping and bumping. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright, with softened ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Pastedowns and feps are lightly age toned.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have light foxing along head, mark along foot. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Illustrated DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals edgewear including possible bumps, rubbing, and/or tiny closed tears.
476 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
The definitive catalogue raisonne' of the work of American painter George Inness. Over 1500 authenticated works by the artist, some 1000 illustrated. Prepared, and with an introduction, by LeRoy Ireland, artist, art dealer, and connoisseur, acknowledged Inness expert.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore