THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS, by Kenneth Grahame & Graham Robertson- 1911 [6th ed.]
The Wind in the Willows
by Kenneth Grahame
frontispiece by Graham Robertson
Sixth edition. London: Methuen & Co. Ltd., 1911
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Blue cloth covers have gilt text and illustration.
- Boards show some age, wear at shoulders, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine is slightly cocked. Gilt text and illustration, sunned. Ends crushed and frayed. See photos for details.
- Binding is secure. Beginnings of separation visible at page 209. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light staining, bookseller stamp, corner crease, small detatched edges at back cover. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits some signs of handling. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block has deckle fore and foot edges, gilt along head.
302 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches
Sixth edition of the classic story, which retains the design of the First Edition of 1908. The frontispiece, entitled "And a River Went Out of Eden," is by the painter and illustrator W. Graham Robertson (1866-1948).
PROVENANCE: Bookseller stamp at front fep: "Wm. Tyrrell & Co, Toronto"
EDITION POINTS: Sixth edition, 1911. W. Brendon & Son Ltd., Printers, Plymouth.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore