THE WASHINGTON 89, George H. Tweney - 1989 [42/89 Signed]
The Washington 89: Published for the Book Club of Washington in commemoration of the Washington State Centennial in 1989
by George H. Tweney
A bibliography of distinguished books for collectors of Pacific Northwest Americana. Very scarce numbered and signed edition. Inscribed and signed by Tweney on the ffep and signed again by Tweney and the printer on the colophon page which states that this edition was limited to 890 copies of which 89 are numbered. This is number 42. The book was published in commemoration of Washington State's centennial in 1989 and is the first serious bibliographical attempt to select those books of importance to the history and development of the Pacific Northwest. Includes an 1888 fold out map of the Oregon Territory with facsimile documents. 98 pages with appendix with four page booklet. 6.5" by 9.5".
Registered with the Library of Congress. Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 88-92775
Numbered Edition published by Sagebrush Press. Yucca Valley, CA. 1989.
Hardback is overall in FINE condition, with a FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 0930704274
- Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 88-92775
- Ffep bears author's signature and inscription.
- Mylar cover with paper wraparound belt in excellent condition.
- Quarter bound in burlap with brown spine, excellent condition.
- The interior is virtually flawless showing vibrant text and facsimiles on clean bright leafs.
- Binding is pliant though firm.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore