THE VISIBLE WORD, by Herbert Spencer - 1969$90.00
The Visible Word
by Herbert Spencer
Scarce with dust jacket in good condition.
Describes and illustrates some of the earliest recorded tests of legibility in Paris during the 1790's to the present. Covers capitals versus lower case, italics, numerals, punctuation marks, paragraphs and indention. 107 pages with extensive bibliography. 8.5" by 12".
Second Printing published by Visual Communications. New York, NY. 1969.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0803877331
- Black cloth wraps are clean with bold, legible lettering.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has white text with firm ends.
- Binding is pliant though secure; gutters are lightly cracked to the following pages: 32/33, 16/17, 48/49.
- Pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Pastedowns and feps both bear signatures in ink.
- Illustrations are clean and vibrant.
- Interior is clean.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block shows light foxing to the top edge.
- DJ is wrinkled and warped along the front top edge, spine head and rear top edge; lower portion of the spine shows a 3" closed tear. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore