THE TWO TOWERS, by J.R.R. Tolkien - 1955 [1st Am. ed., 13th printing, DJ]
The Two Towers:
Being the Second Part of The Lord of the Rings
by J.R.R. Tolkien
jacket illustrated by Walter Lorraine
First American edition, thirteenth printing. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Mid-blue cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt text. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is clear, with bumped ends, a smudge at head.
- Binding is strong.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light foxing, staining, marginal toning. See photos.
- Foldout map at back cover is present, with some light foxing at folds. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are foxed. See photos.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Illustrated DJ has some staining at back cover, chipping at corners & spine, closed tears, edgewear, some darkening of spine. See photos.
352 pages. 5.5 x 8.75 inches.
A copy of the second volume of the first American edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure saga. Dust jacket features illustration by Walter Lorraine and excerpts from the review by W.H. Auden in the New York Times Book Review.
Thirteenth printing of the First Edition, therefore issued after April 1955. Printed at The Riverside Press in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore