THE TWINS, by Shirley Edward [1st Ed] Illustrator: John Hassall childrens poetry$160.00
by Edward Shirley
with illustrations by John Hassall
Very scarce children's book featuring full-page, stunning, colored and captioned illustrations by John Hassall. Each is paired with a page of story poetry about the twins. Hassall (1868-1948) was known for his advertisements and poster designs. Text by Edward Shirley on facing page. 49 pages. 9.5" by 11.5".
Published by Thomas Nelson. London, UK. No publication date. circa 1904
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Illustrated covers are scratched and distressed though the illustration remains bright.
- Boards show additional wear and stain to the rear lower left corner.
- Corners are bumped and worn with exposed board.
- Spine has lightly worn blue cloth with crushed ends and exhibits light play.
- Binding is firm.
- Hinges are lightly cracked.
- Ffep bears writing in pencil.
- Endpapers are gently age-toned with foxing and offsetting.
- Illustrations are generally clean.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear with scattered light foxing; pages 4/5 show a mild closed tear to the outer right edge. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore