THE TIBETAN BOOK OF THE GREAT LIBERATION, tr by W. Y. Evans-Wentz - 1954
Volume is in great condition with minimal overall wear and good binding. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see description for more details. AS IS.
The Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation
with Introductions, Annotations and Editing by W. Y. Evans-Wentz
with Psychological Commentary by Dr. C. G. Jung
A stunningly revealing description of the hidden side of the Universe, and the reality behind the tangible and visible world. Exploring all the domains of the Spirit, of timeless wisdom and the knowledge behind Tibetan teachings, the book gathers various texts on the subject by authors whose obvious insight give an invaluable rendering of the other side of life. Prefaced, complete with a foreword by Dr. C. G. Jung and an epitome of the life and teachings of a great Eastern Teacher, Padma-Sambhava, as well as Phadampa Sangay's teachings, here is a treasure for all occult libraries. 261 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Illustrated in black & white and color. With a preface, a foreword by C. G. Jung, and a biography of Eastern guru Padma-Sambhava and teachings of Phadampa Sangay.
Published by: Oxford University Press, London, 1954.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Volume shows minimal wear on covers and inside.
- Green cloth covers feature decoration in gilt on front, and show minimal wear.
- Boards are in great condition, and remarkably well-preserved.
- Corners show some minor rubbing.
- Spine features text and decoration in gilt.
- Spine ends are firm with a slight bump to foot.
- Binding is secure.
- Ex-libris book features bookplate on upper corner of front pastedown, as well as a sticker on lower corner of same.
- Frontispiece is a full-color captioned illustration, protected by an intact tissue guard showing minor edgewear
- Title page has bookseller sticker.
- Detached page of publisher advertisement for books of same author, inside. (See photos)
- Interior is minimally age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Title page has a 0.5" horizontal closed tear on front edge. (See photos)
- Text block edges are mildly toned, with gilt along head, and front edge is deckled.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore