THE TERROR THAT COMES IN THE NIGHT, by David Hufford - 1982$65.00
The Terror That Comes in the Night: An Experience-Centered Study of Supernatural Assault Traditions
by David J. Hufford
Published by: University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia, PA, 1982.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0812278518
- Volume is in overall very good condition with minor aging and wear to covers and exterior.
- Black covers are minimally worn, with front cover showing tiny residual mark to upper corner. (See photos)
- Spine features text in white and blue, and has softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays mild age-toning, with some pages show dog-ear creases throughout volume.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are mildly toned with some dust.
- DJ is well-preserved, and displays minor edgewear with some edge toning, mostly on back, as well as minor rubbing along back shoulder and at spine ends. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
278 pages. 6.25 x 9.25 inches.
A fascinating study of the paranormal phenomena associated with the experience of the incubus. The author expertly uses his scholarly knowledge and thorough research in folklore, psychology, pathology, to deliver a deep and minute study of the real origin of the incubus experience. Long relegated to the realm of superstitious belief, this experience is now acknowledged as a recurring element not only in history but also in current psychological cases, at the origin of many speculations. This study attempts to bring these mysteries to light.
Volume includes an appendix with a survey. Bibliography included.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.