THE TERRIBLE WAVE, by Marden Dahlstedt; Charles Robinson (ills) - 1972 [Signed, w/ephemera]
The Terrible Wave
by Marden Dahlstedt
illustrated by Charles Robinson
The Terrible Wave is a spell-binding novel created around the true story of the Johnstown flood, seen through the eyes of a young girl. In May 1889 the South Fork Dam in Pennsylvania fails resulting in a dramatic flood caused by the gigantic wave which is hurled on the city. In this beautiful edition featuring an inscription by the author and the splendid illustrations of Charles Robinson, Dahlstedt retraces with remarkable accuracy and emotional power the details of the catastrophe, creating for her heroine an adventure that will fascinate children and grown-ups alike. 127 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
Signed & Inscribed by author. Illustrated in B&W by Charles Robinson. Includes ephemera with photograph of the author and newspaper cuts.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Coward, McCann & Geoghegan, Inc., New York, 1972.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minimal wear and aging to covers, interior and DJ.
- Turquoise linen covers are well-preserved with minor overall edgewear including a bump to lower right corner of front and barely perceptible edge toning and fading.
- Spine features black text and exhibits slight rubbing to foot, with some softening to both ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Ephemera is in good condition, protected in plastic bag.
- Front fep features ballpoint pen signature and inscription by the author. (See photos)
- Interior is well-preserved with minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Two pages show a couple of small stains scattered on upper half of textblock. (See photos)
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays minor edgewear with rubbing and some chips to corners and spine ends, as well as slight rubbing along shoulders and a small vertical closed tear to upper edge of back near spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore