THE TEMPEST, by William Shakespeare; illustr: Arthur Rackham - 1924
by William Shakespeare
illustrated by Arthur Rackham
New York: Doubleday: Page & Company; London: William Heinemann LTD., 1924.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is overall in Very Good condition displaying overall commensurate aging, with wear to exterior and binding and a well-preserved interior.
- Gray cloth covers feature gilt text on front, and show overall edgewear with bumping, rubbing and chipping of corners.
- Boards are exposed on some areas along edges, and show overall rubbing and wear.
- Spine features text in faded gilt, and displays notable chipping of ends.
- Binding is overall secure with a little play.
- Gift inscription on front pastedown.
- Full-color illustration plates are intact and vibrant, and are tipped-in on one-sided pages. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibiting scarce foxing and creasing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are darkened along head, and toned, with light foxing along foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
William Shakespeare is one of the greatest playwrights of all time. This magnificent edition of one of his most renowned plays, The Tempest, features the splendid illustrations of Arthur Rackham. Recognized as one of the leading figures in the Golden Age of British book illustration, Rackham (1867-1939) is noted for his robust pen and ink drawings, which he combined with watercolor.
Illustrated by Arthur Rackham with full-color plates and B&W inline drawings. Includes a list of illustration plates.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore