THE TEACHINGS OF ZOROASTER, by S. A. Kapadia - 1905 [Signed]
The Teachings of Zoroaster and the Philosophy of The Parsi Religion
by Dr. S. A. Kapadia
Signed by author. London, England: John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1905
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cover features a gilt design of a picture of Zoroaster.
- Boards exhibit light shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Corners are lightly scuffed.
- Spine has gilt text against a red background.
- Spine and text are lightly faded with some dirt to lower quarter, fraying along shoulders, chipped head with exposed headband, and splits along shoulders from ends, and 1.5" at back shoulder. (See Photos).
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps have light foxing.
- Front fep is inscribed and signed by the author.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks to the faded ink at head. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
108 pages. 5 x 7 inches.
"Zoroastrianism, or Mazdayasna, is one of the world's oldest continuously practiced religions. It is a heterodox yet orthopraxic faith centered in a dualistic cosmology of good and evil and an eschatology predicting the ultimate conquest of evil with theological elements of henotheism, monotheism/monism, and polytheism. Ascribed to the teachings of the Iranian-speaking spiritual leader Zoroaster (also known as Zarathushtra), it exalts an uncreated and benevolent deity of wisdom, Ahura Mazda (Wise Lord), as its supreme being. Major features of Zoroastrianism, such as messianism, judgment after death, heaven and hell, and free will may have influenced other religious and philosophical systems, including Second Temple Judaism, Gnosticism, Greek philosophy, Christianity, Islam, the Bahá'í Faith, and Buddhism." [Wikipedia]
EDITION POINTS: Signed by the author on the front fep.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore