THE TEACHER OF LETTERING SHOW-CARD SIGN PAINTING, by D.M Campana - 1945
The Teacher of Lettering Show-Card Sign Painting
by D. M. Campana
Chicago, IL: D.M. Campana, Artist, 1945.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Book has a slight bend on head corner that carries through most of the book. (See photos)
- Green covers display mild edge fading, as well as light rubbing of corners with the beginning of a crease at head corners.
- Back wrap shows some offset near foot edge and along back shoulder. (See photos)
- Staples are slightly rusty.
- Spine displays light sunning, as well as minor rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- Verso of front cover shows residue.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges exhibit gentle toning and some tiny smudges on head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
134 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches.
A valuable reference guide to any artist, whether for commercial and advertising projects or for simple decoration. The author goes through any important techniques and details that are useful to know for success in the attractiveness and appeal of the image, as well as the various fonts that have a good effect on any sign. Where to find materials, how to produce the desired effects, as well as the psychology behind sign-making, all these aspects of the art are covered to guarantee efficiency and success.
Includes illustrations and examples for decoration, design, images, and fonts, as well as a thorough textual guide.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore