THE STRANGER, by Albert Camus - 1948
by Albert Camus
3rd Edition. New York, NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 1948
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated DJ cover features a mans face with the title of the book in big white letters over his eyes.
- Red boards show some shelfwear and edgewear. The boards have a slight curve to them as well. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has blue text against a red background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some scuffing and dirt. (See Photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have blue staining on the top edge. (See Photos).
- DJ looks great and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals edgewear including 1/2 inch tears to the top and bottom of the spine as well as some closed tears. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
154 pages. 5 x 7 inches.
The Stranger is a short novel about an ordinary little man living quietly in Algiers. Slowly but inexorably life begins to stalk him. the pace quickens until the little man commits a useless murder, and reaches its climax after his trail. Camus presents an indelible picture of a helpless human being.
EDITION POINTS: 3rd Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore