THE STORY OF AN OLD FARM OR LIFE IN NJ IN THE 18TH CENTURY, by Andrew D. Mellick, Jr. - 1889
The Story of an Old Farm, or Life in New Jersey in the Eighteenth Century
by Andrew D. Mellick, Jr.
Somerville: The Unionist-Gazette, 1889
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards show some smudges and dirt. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt lettering with crushed end at foot. (Please see photo)
- Binding is secure. Rebound in buckram.
- Stamp on title page that reads "This book is the property of The Genealogical Society of New Jersey"
- Frontispiece is present and has a few closed tears. (Please see photo)
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore edges and have gilt along head.
743 pages. 7X9.75 inches.
"Mellick draws from family and other hitherto unpublished papers many pictures of social life to tell a story of the manners and customs and the political history of the Colonial and Revolutionary periods in East New Jersey. The chapters devoted to the early German emigration to the American colonies, and the causes which had so much to do with this people in seeking new homes, are explained. There are also earnest words in behalf of the German contingent of the British army during the American War of Independence.
The genealogy contains a full record of the Moelich-Malick-Melick-Mellick family, following five ancestral lines from five different emigrants, and in addition is given the posterity of Jacob Kline and Richard Field, of Hunterdon County, N. J., and Simon Himrod and Bethnel Vincent, of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. The closing pages of the book are devoted to a comprehensive bibliography and a very complete index." (Wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore