THE SON OF THE WOLF; TALES OF THE FAR NORTH, by Jack London -1900 Yukon Klondike
The Son of the Wolf
by Jack London
Published by: Houghton, Mifflin and Company, Boston and New York, 1900.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall aging and wear.
- Gray cloth covers feature bright silver design, around title and to corners on front, and in a vertical band along back.
- Boards display mild rubbing to covers, as well as some faint stains on front and back, and minimal overall aging. (See photos)
- Spine features text and design in silver, and is softened at ends showing mild general fading.
- Binding is secure, with light play.
- Front fep has previous owner signature. (See photos)
- Interior exhibits gentle age-toning, with occasional staining, dust, and foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Last pages exhibit a narrow 2" long damp stain along fore edge that persists from page 223 to end. (See photos)
- Text block edges show commensurate toning, as well as the damp stain from fore edge of last pages. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
251 pages. 5.25 x 8 inches.
One of the greatest American novelists of the late 19th and 20th centuries, Jack London was also one of the first to become a worldwide celebrity and earn a large fortune by writing. A pioneer in the field of commercial magazine fiction, he became known mostly for his tales of the Far North and the Yukon Gold Rush. This is part of a first set of novels on the subject.
Features a B&W illustrated frontis. Later of three printings from 1900 - type on page 147 is not broken.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore