THE SALZBURG TALES, by Christina Stead - 1935 [Signed]
The Salzburg Tales
by Christina Stead
First edition, third printing. Signed by the author. London: Peter Davies, 1935
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Thin boards with orange cloth covers show some smudges, stains, fading, edgewear. Corners are bent, scuffed. See photos.
- Spine is somewhat bowed; has black text and is sunned with softened and crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps, age toned and lightly foxed, are covered in ink signatures, with a gift inscription on front fep. See photos.
- Signed by the author on title page. See photos.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inked signatures continue onto Table of Contents; text body is free of writing.
- Text block edges have some foxing.
498 pages. 4.75 x 7.25 inches
Short stories in the style of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales featuring a group of people who meet at the Salzburg Festival. By Australian author Christina Stead (1902-1983), known for her wit and sarcasm.
PROVENANCE: Inscribed C.C. Sharp from Mummy, Christmas 1943.
Third printing, Signed and inscribed by author on title page. Signature is dated August 1944, so could have been signed for C.C. Sharp.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.