THE RISE OF THE NORTH ARABIC SCRIPT AND ITS KURANIC DEVELOPMENT, WITH A FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE KURAN MANUSCRIPTS IN THE ORIENTAL INSTITUTE, by Nabia Abbott - 1939[Inscribed]
The Rise of the North Arabic Script and its Kuranic Development, With a Full Description of the Kuran Manuscripts in The Oriental Institute
by Nabia Abbott
Ownership signature, review copy. Chicago, Illinois: The University of Chicago Press, 1939.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Russet cloth covers are mostly clean, show commensurate wear.
- Quarter bound in brown buckram.
- Boards show some edgewear and a slight bow at front edge. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with softened ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Ex libris book features an owner's inscription on free endpaper.
- Endpapers show little sign of age or wear. Owner's marks on back endpapers. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, with slight marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
103 pages plus 33 plates. 9.25 x 12 inches.
University of Chicago Oriental Institute Publications, Volume 50.
PROVENANCE: Inscribed by Richard Ettinghausen (1906-1979), Islamicist and onetime Chief Curator of the Freer Gallery.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore