THE REVEREND MR SOURBALL'S EUROPEAN TOUR, by Horace Cope - 1867 [1st Ed]$295.00
The Reverend Mr Sourball's European Tour: or, The Recreations of a City Parson
by Horace Cope
FIRST EDITION. Philadelphia, PA: Duffield Ashmead, 1867.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is three quarter-bound in brown leather, and features handsome colored marble design on covers with gilt lettering on spine.
- Covers display mild overall aging and wear, with some rubbing to leather, notably but not exclusively, at corners. (See photos)
- Boards exhibit minor overall scuffing and light toning at perimeters, including junction of leather and paper.
- Spine is rubbed along shoulders and at ends, with minor chipping at foot.
- Binding is secure throughout volume.
- Interior is gently toned throughout, with occasional spots, scarce foxing and a light fingerprint.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Center pages show persistent 5mm(max) spot on lower part of page, over approx 10 pages, diminishing at limits. (Photo shows pages where foxing is most pronounced)
- Illustration shadows can be seen on some facing pages.
- Textblock edges have red ink along head, and display commensurate toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 60 pages. 6.25 x 8 inches.
Handsome three-quarter leather binding features gilt lettering on spine and lovely colored marble design on covers.
The Reverend Mr Sourball decides to travel to Europe for health reasons. He boards a ship that takes him to London, then discovers Paris with his family while his flock awaits his return in America. He finds himself happy to find again his pulpit in his homeland.
This is the amusing story of an American preacher's trip to Europe, with all its adventures, good and bad. It is recounted with wit and humor to make it an entertaining yet instructive narration of what can happen to an American parson in Europe.
Features line drawings throughout as the adventure advances. Features a fully illustrated title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore