THE RETURN OF THE MAGI, by Maurice Magre - 1931 [1st Edition]
The Return of the Magi
by Maurice Magre
First Edition. London: Philip Allan & Co., 1931.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Boards show some scuffing and signs of wear. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text that's a bit scuffed and crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Small bookseller sticker on ffep.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Top edge of textblock is inked blue and is foxed.
- DJ has edgewear, chipped corners, closed tear along front head edge and chip out of head edge of back, darkened spine with chips out of head and tail, and some smudges.
287 pages. 5.75X9 inches.
"The Return of the Magi by Maurice Magre gives a fascinating account of the lives and work of some of the great teachers who attempted to bring enlightenment to the West. In their efforts to convert the Western world with knowledge from the East, they were met largely with blind ignorance, hostility and persecution.
‘It is more profitable to study the history of the imperfect masters’, writes Magre, than those ‘so near the gods that they have been enveloped in the clouds of the empyrean’. His compendium of attainable spiritual heroes includes an anonymous master of the Albigenses who succumbs under torture, the Templars, the alchemist Nicolas Flamel and Madame Blavatsky." (Google)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore