THE PROPHET, Kahlil Gibran - 1927 [12th PRINTING] Prose Poetry$350.00
by Khalil Gibran
12th Printing. Published by: Alfred A. Knopf. New York, NY. 1927.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black cloth covered boards featuring gilt stamped cover title with embossed design, Borzoi Books stamp to the rear cover and ink stamped lettering to the spine.
- Cloth covers exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Boards are gently scuffed and rubbed.
- Corners remain sharp though lower corners exhibit rubbing with exposed board. Please see photos.
- Spine is firm with remnants of ink to stamped lettering and exhibits bumped ends. Please see photos.
- Binding is secure.
- Hinges are secure and fully intact.
- Plates are fully intact and exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Interior is gently age-toned with minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckled fore and foot edges while the top edge is darkened with minimal wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The 12th printing of Kahlil Gibran's 26 prose poems arranged with 12 engraved plates prepared from the author's original drawings.
When love beckons to you follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you.
It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore