THE PROPHET, by Kahlil Gibran - 1925 [6th printing, illustrated]
by Kahlil Gibran
illustrated by the author
First edition, 6th printing. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1925
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Dark brown cloth covers with gilt text and illustration.
- Boards show some smudges, bumps, dings, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has blind stamped title and is faded, with crushed and frayed ends. See photos for details of condition.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps are age toned; have some chipping inside front cover, owner's mark front fep, bookseller sticker inside back cover.
- Frontispiece has chips to page edge. Please see photographs.
- Illustrations are clear, plates have marginal age-toning.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits marginal toning, chipped corner page 21.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges (uneven page edges), thumb fold marks at lower page corners.
107 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
Sixth printing, issued in September 1925, of the 1923 First Edition of Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet. With twelve plates that reproduce original drawings by the author.
Set up and electrotyped by Vail-Ballou Press, Binghamton, NY. Plates engraved by Beck Engraving Co., New York. Paper furnnished by W.F. Etherington & Co., New York. Printed and bound the The Plimpton Press, Norwood, Mass. Knopf Borzoi blind stamp on back cover.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore