PRACTICAL AMERICAN GARDENER - 1819
USED, with wear and aging. Please see description and photos for more details.
THE PRACTICAL AMERICAN GARDENER, 1819 Horticulture Vegetables Flowers Fruit Rare
The Practical American Gardner
Very scarce 1819 edition credited to "An Old Gardener", "exhibiting the time for every kind of work in the kitchen garden, fruit garden, orchard, nursery, shrubbery, pleasure ground, flower garden, hop yard, green house, hot house and grape vines" garden work is structured on a monthly basis. 424 pages. 3.75" by 5.75"
Publishing Info: Fielding Lucas, Jr., Baltimore, MD 1819
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Full leather binding
- Some scuffing to cover boards, mostly around perimeter
- Corners rounded
- 1/8" off spine head with scuffing to tail
- 2/3 of front board detached from binding
- Moderate staining to pastedowns and endpapers
- Front pastedown shows number written in red and some notes in ink on back endpaper
- Foxing to textblock edges
- Interior a bit darkened but all text quite legible
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.