THE POWER OF NOTHINGNESS, by Alexandra David-Neel - 1982 [1st Ed]
The Power of Nothingness
by Alexandra David-Neel & Lama Yongden
translated by Janwillem van de Wetering
The story is about a lama's servant, a man of no intellectual pretensions, who finds his teacher murdered in his tent and presumably robbed of the precious jewel he wore around his neck. The loyal servant pursues the unknown murderer across Tibet and eventually to China. 134 pages. 5.25" by 8.5".
First American edition published by Houghton Mifflin Company. Boston, MA. 1982.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 0395315573
- Blue cloth and beige paper over board.
- Covers exhibit light edgewear, mild soiling to the edges, mostly along the edges of the cloth portion.
- Binding is firm.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are mildly darkened with light foxing.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Closer examination of DJ reveals light edgewear including scuffs and dirt, more notably at corners. It exhibits an open tear along the rear shoulder and a closed tear to the spine tail, while the spine head is creased and gently worn.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore