THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY, by Oscar Wilde & Henry Keen - 1925 [Illustrated Ed.]
The Picture of Dorian Gray
by Oscar Wilde
illustrated by Henry Keen
Illustrated edition. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, and London: The Bodley Head Limited, 1925
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Black cloth covers have gilt text and illustration.
- Boards show some marks, edgewear. Corners are frayed with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with repairs to ends. See photos.
- Binding is expertly rebacked. See photos.
- Custom illustrated end papers/ pastedowns show some marginal toning, some marks. See photos.
- Feps have some moderate foxing, owner's marks. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks. 1" closed tear on title page. See photos.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges.
250 pages. 6 x 9.5 inches
Illustrated edition with lithograph plates and decorations by Henry Weston Keen (1899-1935), a book illustrator and lithographer in the Beardsley tradition. Keen illustrated luxury editions for the Bodley Head press in London; this volume has decorations to its cover, end papers, and throughout the text, in addition to the twelve plate illustrations. This authorized text is published by arrangement with the Librarie du Palais-Royal, Messrs. Groves and Michaux, owners of the copyright of the text.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore